Friday, December 4, 2015

My Interview With the Savior

In a conference given to the youth of BYU Hawaii, Russell M. Nelson states, “Each day on earth is an opportunity to take the time to prepare for the interview all will have with the Savior on Judgment Day. Divine aids including the Holy Ghost, scriptures, patriarchal blessings, and living prophets are all guides in helping individuals choose well.”

In reflecting upon what my life is right now, I know that I want to become better than who I am today. I know I am far from perfect, but I also know that by striving to be the best that I can be every day, I can be perfected unto Him. I want to be able to sit in front of the Savior with absolute confidence of my salvation because of my good actions here in this mortal life. I want to prepare for this day by studying who the Savior truly was by getting to know Him so personally that I would never have a doubt about His existence, all while keeping the commandments because of my love for the gospel and faith in Jesus Christ. In order to more fully do this, I know that I have guides in my life which is the Holy Spirit and my patriarchal blessing that I know can lead me into the direction of His light.




I love Russell M. Nelson’s reminder of, “As you choose to live on the Lord’s side, you are never alone. God has given you access to His help while you move along mortality’s perilous pathway. As you diligently, earnestly pour your heart out to Him in daily prayer, He will send His angels to help you.” It scares me to think about how much more I have to become in order to sit in my interview with the Savior in absolute peace, but at the same time, it comforts me to know that through His grace and the atonement of Christ, all I will feel is love in that particular moment. There is so much hope and love when I think about the Christ that I know, and I know that the Savior sees and knows my potential, and I know that I can become the person the Savior sees me being. Knowing these things, it fills me with happiness as I think about seeing my Savior again. My interview with Him will be a joyous day especially with the knowledge that I won’t ever be alone in this journey of life, but it all depends on me. On coming unto Christ. It's a choice that I must make every day in order to be prepared for this day by already knowing what He will say to me.

xoxo,
Patricia T.

No comments:

Post a Comment