Thursday, November 12, 2015

#esthielife


I am a practicing master esthetician and I constantly get asked the questions of "What is an esthetician.. is that like an anesthesiologist?" Or better yet, "A master in esthetics? What kind of degree is that?" "Can you cut and do my hair too??"

Well let me tell you. I am a skin care professional that is passionate about helping people gain confidence in their lives as well as in their skin by seeking to create beautiful and healthy results that each person can maintain. I customize every treatment to the specific needs and concerns of the clients, and it's the best feeling in the world to be able to have a job where every client leaves happier when they see you.

So no, I'm not an anesthesiologist, I don't put people to sleep before surgery (I merely put them to sleep during a facial but that's different) and nor do I cut or do hair. (I would recommend looking for a professional cosmetologist for that particular skill. Trust me you don't want me near your luscious locks).


But anything that has to do with the skin: from facials, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser treatments to waxing, tinting, lash extensions, and pedicures.. I'm your girl(: I love what I do! Everyday is never quite the same. I get to meet inspiring people from every background. My job makes my heart happy and there's so so many perks of studying about the largest organ of the human body.
 



I originally grew to love the esthetics beauty field through my training in cosmetology back in my senior year of high school. I realized how intrigued the skin care area made me, and I loved how diverse it was. That's when I changed programs at the DATC (the school I went to study this at after attending my morning high school classes). And never looked back.

Even though my master esthetics classes seemed like a spa day/girl's night everyday, complete with the down to Earth vibe and Spice Girls music, I became very well rounded in unexpected subjects through my training. I got to learn about the basic structure and composition of the skin, maintenance of healthy skin, and factors that influence aging of the skin; as well as chemistry, anatomy, electricity, microbiology, entrepreneurship, physiology, business, and so many other subjects. The course is much harder than most people expect, but so very worth it. Plus I got to meet many great people through that journey and part of my esthie life.



Dreams don't work unless you do. And to be an esthetician, one must be adaptable to the constantly changing demands of the beauty industry as well as be self-motivated, confident, passionate, and a relator to people. Sales skills is always a plus, but that never my focus. I'd rather educate and make a client feel their best, then try to sell them sometimes unnecessary products that they most likely won't even touch at home. Also, it's a growing field, especially with the constant updates on what the best ingredients or treatments for the skin are going to be. We welcome change because it opens your capabilities to work your fairy godmother like magic into giving your clients the very best results! But because of that for me, it's never boring. Currently, I work at both a spa and lash artist venue and create just that. I like to think that I create and share goodness with others. That's essentially what keeps me inspired even with the toughest of days.
 
To find a passion in life and be able to create it into a career, that is the dream, and my dreams have led me towards the field of esthetics. For others though that might not be the case, but the stars are the limit! Whatever you decide to do though, make sure that it ultimately makes you happy. There's nothing more rewarding."Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness." Just search for it. You'll find it.

 
La vita e bella.

xoxo,
Patricia T.

No comments:

Post a Comment